About this role
We're hiring a product-focused senior WordPress developer to own and lead the build of our Block Protocol Gutenberg plugin. In this role, you'll be tasked with getting an initial MVP out the door fast, and working to evolve it into a high-quality product that unlocks the entire Block Protocol ecosystem of blocks for all users of WordPress (both technical and not). In doing so you'll extend the range of blocks available to users within Gutenberg and multiply the utility of WordPress as a tool for content-management and website building as a whole. This project has some notable watchers, including WordPress creator Matt Mullenweg.
We are hiring globally for this role, with a preference for those operating on European timezones, or based in-person in London where HASH's Block Protocol team are currently based. Depending on circumstance and preference, the opportunity exists for in-person or remote work.
- High software engineering standards. Your ultimate focus is on the user experience and delivering working solutions fast
- You’re able to clearly articulate complex ideas, and have outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Expert-level PHP and WordPress core or plugin development experience
- Advanced knowledge of modern React
- Working knowledge of TypeScript
- Experience as founder, foundational member or early employee of an early-stage start up - or delivering in another high-pressure environment
- You understand how to prioritize scarce resources and default to action, getting the most important things done
Pay & Benefits
- Competitive salary and generous equity
- At least 30 days of global annual holiday
- US-based candidates: access to a 401(k) and fully comprehensive health insurance
- A range of other country and location-specific benefits. Let us know where you’re applying from!
Our mission is to enable everybody to make the right decisions. We’re making raw information and expert knowledge understandable and usable by all.
HASH is a venture-backed startup based in New York and London. We're backed by venture capital firms as well as the founders of successful startups like Kaggle (the world’s largest data science community) and Stack Overflow (the world’s most-trafficked developer site).
Learn more about our Platform before applying to HASH.