About this role
We’re hiring an experienced Product Designer motivated by the opportunity to deliver outstanding experiences for our users and help define our vision as a product design team—a ground floor opportunity in a design-first startup. Join our fast-growing team to get autonomy, ownership, and have significant impact across the entire product, brand, and marketing stack. You will be responsible for the HASH design system and UI, working directly with our Head of Design. We're hiring globally for this role, provided a working day overlap of at least 3-4 hours/day with London (Europe).
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, comfortable speaking with users as well as colleagues.
- Experience collaborating with internal product stakeholders, including members of technical staff. You must be willing to own products from start to finish.
- Mastery of digital product design software (you will use Figma at HASH, but expertise with Sketch/Adobe XD suffices).
- Minimum 3 years (or equivalent experience) at a high-calibre tech startup, or digital product studio.
- Ability to design and build high fidelity prototypes for fast iteration and testing.
- First-class portfolio and ability to explain design decisions & negotiate tradeoffs. Your portfolio should evidence your ability to end-to-end design UX/UI for digital products.
Nice to have
- Knowledge graph or other network, data, or simulation-specific visualization work within your portfolio.
- Prior experience outside of pure design: in either product management, or data science.
- A frontend development background is not required, but experience building styled components and working in the codebase of a modern React application will be beneficial if possessed.
- Prior experience in visual/interaction design, branding & identity, and typography.
Pay & Benefits
- Competitive salary and generous equity
- At least 29 days of global annual holiday
- US-based candidates: access to a 401(k) and fully comprehensive health insurance
- A range of other country and location-specific benefits. Let us know where you’re applying from!
Our mission is to enable everybody to make the right decisions. We’re making raw information and expert knowledge understandable and usable by all.
HASH is a venture-backed startup based in New York and London. We're backed by venture capital firms as well as the founders of successful startups like Kaggle (the world’s largest data science community) and Stack Overflow (the world’s most-trafficked developer site).
Learn more about our Platform before applying to HASH.