About this role
We're looking for an Engineering Lead to join our founding team who is passionate about the idea of solving information failure, and as comfortable architecting solutions and managing teams as they are coding. The successful candidate will be responsible for the technical leadership of HASH, and ultimately take ownership of our key hCloud service.
The successful candidate will work directly alongside the company's CEO. You will be joining the business at a critical early point, and will have a high degree of autonomy to influence the shape and direction of the business.
HASH is a remote-first company, with a presence in the US and Europe. This position is open to applicants globally.
- Deep demonstrable experience building live systems and products in multiple languages, including at least one of Rust, Java, C, C++ or OCaml
- Strong prior experience working with clustering, container and monitoring technologies (e.g. Kubernetes, Docker, Datadog)
- Expert knowledge of cloud infrastructure platforms
- Understanding what it means to work at a fast-paced startup executing a product-led growth strategy, with your work at the heart
- Excellent team leadership and people skills demonstrated in a successful, high-growth startup environment, or within an established larger tech firm
Nice to have
- A background in systems programming specifically
- An existing interest in complex, and multi-agent systems simulation
- Data engineering, machine learning, or other data science experience
Pay & Benefits
- Extremely competitive combined salary/equity package
- 29 days annual holiday (which we want you to use)
- A range of location-specific benefits, including access to a 401(k) and fully comprehensive health insurance for those in the US
Our mission is to enable everybody to make the right decisions. We’re making raw information and expert knowledge understandable and usable by all.
HASH is a venture-backed startup based in New York and London. We're backed by venture capital firms as well as the founders of successful startups like Kaggle (the world’s largest data science community) and Stack Overflow (the world’s most-trafficked developer site).
Learn more about our Platform before applying to HASH.