About this role
We're looking for an Engineering Lead to join our founding team who is passionate about the idea of solving information failure, and as comfortable architecting solutions and managing teams as they are coding. The successful candidate will be responsible for the technical leadership of HASH, and ultimately take ownership of our key H-Core product.
The successful candidates will work directly alongside the company's CEO and senior advisors (including the founder of Stack Overflow and Trello, Joel Spolsky). You will be joining the business at a critical early point, and will have a high degree of autonomy to influence the shape and direction of the business.
HASH is a remote-first company, with offices in London and New York. This position is open to applicants globally.
- Deep demonstrable experience building live systems and products in multiple languages, including Java/C/C++/Rust
- Strong experience with clustering and container technology (e.g. Kubernetes, Docker)
- Expert knowledge of serverless and cloud infrastructure platforms
- Ability to demonstrate examples of code that you have written to a very high standard, executed as part of high-quality production applications
- Excellent team leadership and people skills demonstrated in a successful, fast-growth startup environment, or with an established larger tech firm
Nice to have
- An existing developed interest in complex, and multi-agent systems simulation
- Knowledge of graph database systems and wide-column NoSQL stores (e.g. Accumulo, Cassandra, or Hbase)
- Demonstrable experience working with data fusion and data visualisation technologies, multi-sensor systems, signal processing and compression technology, distributed computing systems, or artificial intelligence (in particular deep reinforcement learning)
- Demonstrable activity on open source projects (bug reports, bug fixes, own projects)
Pay & Benefits
- Competitive salary and equity: commensurate with experience and incentive-aligned ✅
- 28 days annual holiday including company holidays 🏝
- A range of location-specific benefits, including access to a 401(k) and fully comprehensive health insurance and a fully funded Health Savings Account (HSA) for US-based employees, as well as free annual NYC MetroCards and (truly) infinite caffeine for those working from our Manhattan office
Our mission is to enable everybody to make the right decisions. We’re making raw information and expert knowledge understandable and usable by all.
HASH is a venture-backed startup based in New York and London. We're backed by venture capital firms as well as the founders of successful startups like Kaggle (the world’s largest data science community) and Stack Overflow (the world’s most-traficked developer site).
Learn more about our Platform before applying to HASH.