About this role
We're hiring an experienced Systems Engineer (Rust) to join our team in order to help lead the build-out of our data integration, transformation and pipeline tools. HASH develops open-source software that provides users with advanced predictive analytics, agent-simulation and ontology management capabilities.
We are hiring globally for this role, working either from our London (UK) office or along UK/Western European time zones. Depending on circumstance and preference, the opportunity exists for in-person or remote work.
- Strong working knowledge of Rust and/or TypeScript
- Prior experience in a Data Engineering or other similar role involving software development and architecture
- At minimum a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Operations Research, Statistics, or similar.
- Experience building/operating highly available, distributed systems of data extraction, ingestion, and processing of large data sets
- Direct experience with SQL, data modeling, data warehousing, and building ELT/ETL pipelines
- 4+ years of industry experience in software development, data engineering, business intelligence, data science, or related field
- Experience building atop streaming technologies such as Kafka/Spark
- Experience providing technical leadership and mentoring other engineers for best practices on data engineering
- Knowledge of software engineering best practices across the development lifecycle, including agile methodologies, coding standards, code reviews, source management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience as founder, foundational member or early employee of an early-stage start up - or delivering in another high-pressure environment
- You understand how to prioritize scarce resources and default to action, getting the most important things done
Pay & Benefits
- Competitive salary and generous equity
- At least 30 days of global annual holiday
- US-based candidates: access to a 401(k) and fully comprehensive health insurance
- UK-based candidates: access to a tax-optimized salary sacrifice pension
- A range of other country and location-specific benefits. Let us know where you’re applying from!
Our mission is to enable everybody to make the right decisions. We’re making raw information and expert knowledge understandable and usable by all.
HASH is a venture-backed startup based in New York and London. We're backed by venture capital firms as well as the founders of successful startups like Kaggle (the world’s largest data science community) and Stack Overflow (the world’s most-trafficked developer site).
Learn more about our Platform before applying to HASH.