About this role
We're hiring multiple engineering managers to help lead our platform teams. In this role, you'll ensure that features are pushed fast and quality delivery is achieved across our open-source platform for naturally structuring data on the web, and environment for large-scale simulation. We're hiring globally for this role, and are open to candidates looking for remote work on East Coast (US) and London (Europe) time zones. Candidates with a right to work in the UK or willingness to relocate may also apply for our Engineering Manager (London) vacancy.
- Experience managing a team of developers, interfacing with other teams in business, marketing, operation or engineering
- You manage by doing, showing how it is done by directly tackling bottlenecks
- You have outstanding written and verbal communication skills, which you’re able to utilise both in managing engineers and talking to other stakeholders
- You’re able to clearly articulate complex ideas, practice active listening, and aim for efficient but collaborative discussions to meet deadlines
- High software engineering standards. Obsessed about codebase consistency, infrastructure that scales and automated code development processes. Your ultimate focus is on the customer experience
Nice to have
- Experience as founder, foundational member or early employee of early-stage start up
- Established track record starting communities or cultures that share HASH’s values
- You are a team player, but first and foremost a leader. You are willing to push changes, while ensuring that everyone on your team has a clearly-defined and fulfilling role in which they are able to act efficiently, resulting in the fast delivery of features to our customers
- You know when to take on tech leverage (eg. for a demo under short deadlines), and when to ship fully polished features
- You understand how to prioritize scarce resources and default to action, getting things done. Experience working as part of or leading high-velocity remote teams
Pay & Benefits
- Competitive salary and generous equity
- At least 29 days of global annual holiday
- US-based candidates: access to a 401(k) and fully comprehensive health insurance
- A range of other country and location-specific benefits. Let us know where you’re applying from!
Our mission is to enable everybody to make the right decisions. We’re making raw information and expert knowledge understandable and usable by all.
HASH is a venture-backed startup based in New York and London. We're backed by venture capital firms as well as the founders of successful startups like Kaggle (the world’s largest data science community) and Stack Overflow (the world’s most-trafficked developer site).
Learn more about our Platform before applying to HASH.